The health care industry requires professionals in the various fields to ensure smooth functioning of the healthcare sector. One important healthcare fields is the Radiology and Imaging technology which carries out a number of healthcare activities, such as X-Ray, which is required for various medical procedures.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Take X-rays of patient’s internal anatomy to aid physicians in diagnosing illnesses, diseases or injuries.
- Explain X-Ray procedures to patients and ensure that patients are exposed to limited amounts of radiation.
- Positioning patients accordingly, which may include lifting and moving patients with limited mobility.
- Working closely with the resident Radiologist to determine whether further tests are required
- Monitoring radiology supllies
- Attending mandatory staff meetings and training sessions
- Maintain the X-ray machines and that are set at the correct radiation levels.
- Ensure the maintenance and hygiene at all the X-Ray rooms at all times
- Promptly notifying management of damaged or malfunctioning x-ray equipment.
- Maintaining an accurate record of completed x-ray procedures.
- Communication skills
- Compassionate, patience
- Analytical skills
- Problem solving skills
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- X-Ray Technician
- Assistant X-Ray Technician
- Radiology Imaging Technician
- Radiology Technician
How To Pursue A Career As A X-Ray Technician
|Class XII with science stream||Diploma in X-Technology|
|Class XII with science stream||B.Sc Radiology Imaging Techniques|
|Class XII with science stream||B.Sc Radiology||M.Sc Radiology|
|Class XII with science stream||B.Sc Medical Lab Technology|
|Class XII with science stream||B.Sc. in Radio Therapy|
Top Colleges to study Diploma in X-Ray Technology
- NIMS University, Jaipur
- RKDF University, Bhopal
- Academy Allied Health Sciences, Kolkata
- Global University, Saharanpur
- NIU, greater Noida
- Hind Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow
Did you find this information useful? If so, keep reading my blog posts through April for the #BlogchatterA2Z challenge.
Also, visit www.educareerguide.com for career guidance.
Do read my other posts for the BlogchatterA2Z.