Urban planners work to design and develop cities, towns and villages. An Urban planner work closely with government and private officials to plan and execute new development plans. They are responsible for the sustainable development of cities and make it more attractive and functional.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Administration of Government land programs affecting land use, zoning, public utilities, community facilities, housing and transportation.
- Conduct field investigations
- Review Sites
- Analyse the data collected and propose required changes.
- Frame policies to reduce the effects of climate change helping to protect our environment
- Create policies for managing traffic and providing sustainable solutions to our transport needs.
- Improves energy efficiency and cut carbon emissions in our homes, factories, and businesses
- Increase community and people participation in making policies which affect everyone.
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Project Management
- Visualization Ability
- Decision making ability
- Management skills
- Urban Planner
- Regional Planner
- Economic Development Planner
- Resources Planner
How To Pursue A Career In Urban Planner
|Class XII with Maths||B.Planning||M.Planning in Urban & Regional planning|
|Class XII with Maths||B.Arch||M.Planning in Urban & Regional planning|
|Class XII with Maths||B.Planning||Post Graduate Diploma In Urban Planning And Development|
- School of Planning and Architecture – [SPA], New Delhi
- Sushant School of Art and Architecture, Ansal University – [SSAA], Gurgaon
- CEPT University, Ahmedabad
- Amity Institute of Architecture and Planning, Noida
- Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology – [MANIT], Bhopal
- School of Planning and Architecture – [SPAV], Vijayawada
- Nirma University – [NU], Ahmedabad
- Srishti Institute of Art, Design and Technology, Bangalore
- Amity University, Noida
- Lovely Professional University – [LPU], Jalandhar
- Ansal University- [AU], Gurgaon
- Rizvi College of Architecture, Mumbai
Did you find this information useful? If so, keep reading my blog posts through April for the #BlogchatterA2Z challenge.
Also, visit www.educareerguide.com for career guidance.
Do read my other posts for the BlogchatterA2Z.