Nobody likes to look in the mirror to discover a massive blemish on his or her face. It’s even worse if that blemish appears before a big day such as a job interview, date, or even your wedding. Fortunately, the team at SkinQure has tips and tricks that can help diminish the appearance of your blemishes fast. Before you fret, consider these skincare precautions and steps to zap that zit into oblivion and have the clear skin of your dreams.
What To Avoid: Picking or Popping The Blemish
Whenever a facial blemish appears, it can be difficult to avoid touching, especially if it is a “white head.” However, you must resist temptation because popping or picking a pimple can cause more skin damage because the affected skin is extra sensitive. Moreover, your hands carry millions of bacteria and touching your face with unclean hands easily transfers harmful bacteria, dirt, debris, and oil.
Popping a blemish yourself, instead of having an experienced dermatologist treat the affected area, can lead to irreversible scarring. Additionally, it can also be very painful if not extracted properly.
What Can Help
Drinking Lots of Water
Often blemishes surface as a direct result of skin dehydration. When the skin depletes itself of water, the skin will likely become extra dry. In turn, your sebaceous glands activate to produce the lubricant and oil used to protect your skin. But drinking water hydrates and rejuvenates your skin, as well as cleanses skin cells from built-up waste. To help banish your breakout, try drinking the recommended eight-8 ounce glasses of water daily.
Natural Spot Treatments
Spot treatments are another common treatment option to rid your skin of an unsightly blemish. But what you may not be aware of is certain brands of spot treatments contain unnatural ingredients that can cause your skin further irritation. The most effective spot treatments for keeping acne breakouts minimal are products that contain natural ingredients.
- Vitamin E oil is rich in antioxidants that quickly absorb and help eliminate a blemish quite easily. Vitamin E oil also helps regulate the production of collagen, which helps shrink a large blemish. Apply a small amount of vitamin E to a cotton ball and dab onto the area. Let it sit for 15-20 minutes before rinsing off with lukewarm water.
- Tea Tree oil contains disinfecting properties that do not strip your skin’s natural oils like other acne spot treatments. Tea tree oil can also help diminish redness and shrink the size of your blemish. You only need to apply a small amount of tea tree oil with a cotton swab, and leave it on for a few hours or overnight.
- Apple Cider Vinegar is used for various home remedies. For acne, apple cider vinegar can reduce pores and inflammation, and remove dirt from your skin. Mix apple cider and water and using a cotton swab dab the solution onto your blemish and wait 10-15 minutes before washing off.
- Icing a blemish for approximately 10 minutes can help ease swelling. It’s best to apply a cold compress when you’re lying down before sleep.
- Aleo vera also reduces blemishes. You could use directly from the plant or various Aleo Vera masks are also available for easy application.
One method that proves effective for certain individuals is to wash their face using hot water. Hot water produces steam, causing your pores to open and allow steam to enter, which will help heal the affected area. Make sure the water temperature doesn’t scorch your sensitive skin; it should only be warm enough to open up the pores.
Once pores open, apply an exfoliating cream followed by a regular facial cleanser to remove excess impurities. Finally, don’t forget to moisturize after that steamy shower. Failing to do so can cause the hot water to dry out your skin.
Bye Bye Blemishes
Blemishes are an unattractive annoyance, sometimes appearing at the most inconvenient times. But you can consider these treatment options to get rid of a blemish fast, to significantly help to reduce the colour and size of your imperfection. Are you suffering from acne? To learn the best acne treatment for your skin, contact a qualified dermatologist today!
Also by Dr Jangid
About Dr B L Jangid
Dr B L Jangid, MD Skin is one the top dermatologists of Delhi, with more than 10 years of experience in new treatments, technology and research into skin and hair problems, skin surgeries, hair transplant surgeries, Lasers and anti-ageing. He practices at SkinQure in Saket. You can follow him at @skinqureindia.
Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post. The opinions expressed are expert’s views. They do not necessarily reflect the views of Aesha’s Musings. Any omissions, errors are the author’s and Aesha’s Musings does not assume any liability or responsibility for them.