The definition of Goal is The object of a person’s ambition or effort; an aim or desired result.
Have you thought about your life goals?
I am a dreamer. I dream about my life goals. But I also analyze the practical aspects of these dreams & work towards execution. I am also a well- organized person. I meticulously prepare a to-do list daily, set up short-term goals as well as life goals for myself. But sometimes I lack the will and passion to accomplish them. I could get lazy and get complacent too.
However, I noticed a small positive change in my attitude over the past two years. But sometimes it also makes me a bit apprehensive thinking if I would be able to sustain myself and would be motivated in this way or better in the future too.
That’s why, when I was drafting my posts for the A to Z challenge, I was very sure about the alphabet ‘G’. It had to be GOALS for me.
Maybe as one grows older we start thinking rationally. I guess that is how I have evolved as a person. I would like to change a few things about me. And that certainly includes being more goal oriented. However, these are not career goals. Yes, I do have goals for my writing and my blog but not limited to monetary gains. My blog is my medium of expression. The main aim of my blog and its success is that when I write I feel satisfied, competent and it makes me a calm person. Having said that, monetary gains does give you a certain liberty and sense of independence and is also an essential medium to get the content that I write to reach more people.
So, while making money out of blogging is a necessity for me but there are other more significant goals which I would like to share here.
(Read my post on C Is For Calm #DecodingMidlifeand how my blog is my source to make myself calmer person)
My Midlife Goals:
- Nurture my passion – my blog.
- Enhance my skills- Learn Music and Dance. D Is For Dance #DecodingMidlife
- Enjoy time with my tribe of friends who are my sounding boards.
- Travel more and explore new places. Observe people and look for stories as I travel.
- Face my fears. F Is For Fearless #DecodingMidlife
- Plan for change. Be open to changes and devise a plan to deal with them. Write down the plans and keep looking at them all the time.
- To learn to multi-task.
- Work towards increasing the reach of My Paper- A newspaper for Children which aims to build a reading habit in kids. Being a sub-editor at My Paper added a new dimension to my goals & challenged me in all aspects of working on a newspaper – be it deadlines, content generation & filtration, meeting & understanding people before their interviews & importantly be a just & unbiased person especially when it comes to book – reviews etc.
I am quite hopeful and optimistic that I will be able to enjoy the transitions in my midlife if I manage to stick to my goals.
Do share your life goals. It will help me keep myself motivated to achieve mine.
Food For Thought:
“What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.”- Zig Ziglar
“Review your goals twice every day in order to be focused on achieving them.” – Les Brown