SuryaNamaskar is the complete body workout which I practice whenever I am unable to spare 30-40 minutes for exercise. I practice at least 12 SuryaNamaskars on such days or whenever I am feeling lethargic or stiff in the morning.
Practicing Surya Namaskar in the morning is a great way to feel energetic the entire day. Also, it works best as a warm up before your workout and also as a stretching exercise after your workout.
There are many different versions of Surya Namaskar, so sharing a video here which is one of Hatha Yoga – Suryanamaskar.
Some of the many benefits Of Surya Namaskar:
- Surya Namaskar is an intense full body workout which works on every muscle of your body.
- Practicing Surya Namaskar improves blood circulation.
- Regular practice helps in finding balance in the body
- Improves the functioning of the heart
- Aids in digestion
- Tones up the body
- It makes the b body more flexible
- It’s a very good workout to lose the belly fat and lose extra pounds. However, one needs to increase counts with regular practice.
- It brings a natural glow to the skin and retain skin firmness.
- Surya Namaskar can be performed at any time of the day, but best practiced in the morning to give your body a good stretch on waking up.
Practicing Surya Namaskar has helped me build a better interconnectedness between the body, breath, and mind.
It has made me calmer. I am more alert and aware. I feel completely at peace and content.
21st June, being the International Day of Yoga, I decided to share my personal favourite Yogic practices for the Blogchatter Half Marathon.
Check out the first post on Pranayanama if you haven’t.
I had not planned a theme for the challenge, but since the past few days I am not doing any cardio or strength training exercises but have been taking some time out, to do Pranayama in the morning and some stretching exercises. So, decided to write posts on Yoga and what better time than the month of June.
Featuring my best friend, my workout partner in my next post for Yoga Day.
Here is a sneak peak into her Instagram account.
View this post on Instagram