Business Data Analytics is a combination of data analysis and business. If you like working with data, numbers and have inclination towards learning the nuances of business then Business Analysis is a career for you.
Business Data Analytics is a process that enables to make data-driven decisions to improve the performance of the business. Multinational companies are looking for graduates who are able to solve complex business problems by use of data. Study of business data analytics can guarantee a graduate excellent work opportunities as a business data analyst is an ideal combination of business and technical skills.
Roles and Responsibilities of a Business Analyst
- Business analysts plan business strategies, improve operational efficiency, identify new opportunities and generate higher profits for the organisation through the right use of data.
- Identify and analyse industry trends to devise ideal business strategy.
- Analyse technology trends to identify markets for future product development or to improve sales of existing products.
- Use the right statistical methods to solve business problems.
- Develop software applications or programming for analysis of data in order to make business decisions.
- Prepare data for processing by assimilating relevant information, checking for inaccuracies, and weighting the raw data.
- Business analysts process large amounts of data for statistical modelling and visual analysis, using computers.
- Evaluate the statistical methods and procedures used to obtain data to ensure validity, applicability, efficiency, and accuracy.
Key skills required
- Problem solving skills
- Analytical skills
- Communication skills
- Technical skills/Programming skills
- Understanding of statistical methods
Career opportunities for Business Analysts
- Budget Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Data Analyst
- Data Scientist
- Data analyst
- Management Analyst
- Marketing Research Analyst
- Marketing analyst
- Operations Research Analysts
- Project Manager
- Supply chain management
How to become a Business Data Analyst
|Stream||Graduation||After Graduation||After Post Graduation|
|Class XII with Maths (Preferred)||BBA||MBA ( Business Analytics)||——————-|
|Class XII with Maths (Preferred)||B.Tech||MBA ( Business Analytics)||———————|
|Class XII any stream||BBA||MBA Marketing Research||SA/R Certification|
Top Colleges in India to study business data analysis
- Nirma University – [NU], Ahmedabad
- Symbiosis International University – [SIU], Pune
- Jamia Millia Islamia University-[JMI], New Delhi
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University – [GGSIPU], New Delhi
- Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies – [SCMS], Pune
- ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education – [IFHE], Hyderabad
- SP Jain School of Global Management -[SPJSGM], Mumbai
For Post Graduation
- Indian Institute of Management – [IIMB], Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Management – [IIMC], Kolkata
- Indian Institute of Management – [IIM], Lucknow
- Xavier Labour Relations Institute – [XLRI], Jamshedpur
- University of Delhi, Faculty of Management Studies – [FMS], New Delhi
- Indian Institute of Management – [IIMK], Kozhikode
- Management Development Institute – [MDI], Gurgaon
- SP Jain Institute of Management and Research – [SPJIMR], Mumbai
- Institute of Management Technology – [IMT], Ghaziabad
Did you find this information useful? If so, keep reading my blog posts through April for the #BlogchatterA2Z challenge.
Also, visit www.educareerguide.com for career guidance.
Do read my other posts for the BlogchatterA2Z.