Red hands, yellow cheeks, pink forehead; Holi – The ‘Festival of Colours’ is back.
Not only do we love to get immersed in the bevvy of colours, but we also love to indulge in the mouth-watering delicacies unique to Holi. The scrumptious delicacies- Gujias and Mathris, Malpuas and Kachoris are prepared in almost all households in India.
We make all these at our home as well but the fitness conscious in me keeps contemplating about how much can I indulge in all the food. Also, I can’t resist tasting all these delicacies while they are being prepared and that itself amounts to quite a lot.
So, this Holi I have some ideas/ tips to enjoy all the festivities of Holi in a guilt-free manner.
Revisit your childhood:
Holi is one festival wherein you can bring out the child within you. So, play games which involve a lot of movement. This will help you ward off all the extra calories you put up while enjoying the food. Playing these games along with your friends and your children is a great way to get rid of stress as well.
You can’t go to the gym. Don’t worry. Try some easy home workouts. Do some basic exercises like Crunches, Squats, Lunges, Pushups at home and I guess these are enough for a holiday. You don’t need to stress over missing a day at the gym. You can also try practising Surya Namaskar today. The Sun Salutation is a great way to begin your festivities. It’s a full body exercise and you also start your day indulging in a spiritual form of exercise. No better way to offer your salutation to the Sun God.
Plan your Meals:
Drink plenty of water. If you are going to spend your entire day playing Holi, your body could get dehydrated. So, make sure you keep yourself hydrated. And plan your meals for the day before and after Holi well. I usually fast on the Day of Holika Dahan and eat dinner after performing Puja. It’s natural that I would be hungry for dinner but I make sure I do not eat a very heavy dinner because it could be strenuous for my digestive system. And I drink a lot of water during the day. I indulge in all the delicacies prepared on the day of Holi but again eat a light dinner before 8:00 p.m. Next day, I am back to my routine diet and routine exercise.
Enjoy your rest day
Rest days are very critical for an effective fitness routine too. Re-work your workout schedule and take a rest day on Holi. Enjoy the festivities and get back to work with renewed vigour and energy.
I hope these tips help all you- fitness conscious people. Enjoy the celebrations with your family and friends. Make the most of fun and frolic this Holi – guilt free and stress-free.
Wishing all of you a Very Happy Holi!!
This post is a part of #HoliHoppers blog hop hosted by me & my wonderful friends Mandavi Jaiswal, Dipika Singh, Ruchie Verma. This awesome blog hop is sponsored by VLCC Beauty Products & Putawan Thailand.
Rules & Guidelines:
Our blog hop rules are very simple and we expect everyone to follow them. Please participate only if you can write one post and engage on social media.
- The theme of our Blog Hop is – HOLI, you are free to write any topic keeping the core as Holi.
- Minimum 300 words, no maximum word limit. Write as much as you want!
- NO Sponsored posts are permitted. Only new posts allowed.
- Add mandatory text “This post is a part of the #HoliHoppers blog hop hosted byMandavi , Dipika , Ruchie , Aesha and sponsored by VLCC Beauty Products & Phutawan Thailand” in your post.
- Add your post to the linky. Linky will be open from 18th March 2019 to 28th March 2019.
- The prize of 4000 INR for the #HoliHoppers blog hop winners. Each winner will get cash/vouchers worth 1,000 INR.
- Assured small hamper from VLCC and 2 winners will get hamper from Phutawan Thailand.
- You are free to use the below pic if you wish in your post.
Blog Engagement Criterion:
- Subscribe to all host websites
- Follow all 4 hosts and both sponsors on all SM handles.
- Tag all 4 hosts and 3 sponsors while sharing your own post. Use hashtag #HoliHoppers.
- Reading, commenting and sharing on all host + 10 posts before you in this blog hop is mandatory.
- While sharing other participant’s posts don’t tag the hosts or sponsors. Just tag the participant whose post you are sharing. You must post on at least one SM use hashtag #HoliHoppers. More the merrier.
- The engagements will be monitored on a daily basis via Hashtag on social media and through your comments on the blog posts.
HOST SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLES:
SPONSORS SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLES:
VLCC Beauty Products
- Outfits For Holi Celebrations
- Food Detox after Holi
- Diet Tweaks For Holi
- Tips to keep your home clean this Holi.
Picture Prompt Credit: Pixabay
Add your links here: