House-wife ? Mother? Retired personnel? Work From Home? Interested?
Opportunities for anyone and everyone interested in Work From Home. Contact us on:
Don’t we love such advertisements? It seems so lucrative, rewarding and satisfying. And surely it is.
Such work from home options are encouraging and empowering for women by making them financially independent. Work from home is gaining popularity among employees and employers likewise. For employees its better as one saves on commute time and also expenses whereas for employers too it decreases the overhead costs.
It feels comfortable doesn’t it to work from home. However, work from home comes with its own challenges and those are the distractions. Children, maids, laundry, cooking etc… The list is endless. All women can relate to it.
So I am going to share some tips which will help in increasing your productivity if you are currently working from home or plan to do so.
When one decides to work from home, fixing up priorities is critical. Plan your day in advance and list out all the work that needs to be done for the day. Like if your job involves making phone calls and preparing data. Then decide the time of the day when you’ll be making the calls and the time when you’ll compile the data. If you are a writer than decide how many words you will write daily.
2. Self-discipline:It is important to take your work very seriously while working from home. When you do not have a boss looking on you, one tends to lose focus. So self discipline is a must in order to progress in your career.
3. Start early:Try and start your day early before others start needing your time like husband leaving for office or kids leaving for school. They will demand your attention once they are up.
4. Get dressed for office:I know you are working from home and you are most comfortable in your pyjamas, typing in, sitting on your bed. But I suggest, in order, to enjoy and feel like a working person, dress up in office attire. It motivates and improves performance.
5. Minimize distractions:While working from home there are many distractions. Minimize those. Make it known to people and house helpers around you that now you work and just because you work from home, it does not mean you aren’t a professional.
6. Prepare your environment:Prepare your work environment. Dedicate a work space in your home. Prepare your kids about your work timings.
7. Reward yourself:
Reward yourself with any goodies if you achieve your daily target. Like for me, I decide to write 1000 words daily. It could be anything my daily diary, my content for brands or articles. But I write those 1000 words and reward myself with a chocolate or a foot massage or head massage. Believe me, it relaxes me and gives me the much needed boost for writing more daily.
8. Keep communication on:Just because you are working from home and do not have co-workers around you doesn’t mean you stop communicating. Speak with people related to your work or friends during breaks. And that brings me to the next point.
9. Take breaks:Yes, take breaks. You are home and so most of the time you would want to just finish off your daily work and then take a break. You would tend to postpone your lunch timings or tea. Do not do that. Take breaks at regular intervals. It will only increase your efficiency.
10. Fix up a finishing time:Also working from home doesn’t mean you are always on the laptop or on phone 24X7. Just as you have decided a start time, stick to your finishing time. You have avoided all distractions and now they need your undivided attention. (you know whom I am referring to)
Happy working!!! Wish you all the success!!!