I am participating in the word of the year challenge hosted by Corinne of Everyday Gyaan
Ok, so I am very late in posting my first post for 2019. I was taking a break. I went back to writing in a diary after a year. So, for the first 20 days, I wrote a daily journal, enjoyed it thoroughly and didn’t feel like writing a blog post.
I am a bit old school in a way. I love pen and the diary as opposed to a laptop. I like a hard copy instead of reading on Kindle. I like the smell of the pages of my diary and the books I read.
I went on a vacation this month and was attending weddings so have had a great start to the New Year. And when the beginning is good, you feel happy and confident. Commencing the year 2019, on a high, gave me my Word of The Year and that is ‘Self- belief’.
I have this habit of doubting myself. I question my choices and the decisions I make. I keep questioning my abilities. I fear to be irrelevant in society. I fear if I can face competition. That’s why this year I decided I will be different and believe in myself.
The people who know me, will also not know this about me. I always come across as a confident and strong person. But that is because I hide my apprehensions. However, I intend to change that this year.
My 5 Steps to ‘Self-Belief’
- I will trust my abilities always.
- I will deal with negative thoughts. I read in a blog post that most of the times when we doubt ourselves it’s not our own inner voice. Sometimes it is a childhood incident or some person whose behaviour made you believe that you are not capable. So, whenever we get such a thought we need to think twice if it’s our own voice and just ignore such thoughts.
- I will learn the art of self-belief. It’s important to be flexible. We might not always get what we want but that doesn’t mean we question our self but I need to learn it.
- I will make a list of my strengths and weakness every day. Just going through this list will increase my self -confidence.
- I will create a vision for myself. Visualising the best for yourself helps in increasing self- belief. I intend to make a vision board and looking at it daily, which will make me believe in my abilities more. It will make me look forward to a better future with hope and positivity.
Right now, I am in a very positive frame of mind and I believe I can achieve many milestones this year practising Self- Belief.
But I always look for suggestions from my friends, family, blogging community and my readers so pour in your thoughts and share about the ways you employ to be self -confident.