Ethical hacking is a legitimate profession. An ethical hacker is a computer and networking expert who systematically, legitimately and with company’s permission, attempts to penetrate a computer system or network to find security vulnerabilities. An ethical hacker is appointed by a company to check their systems and avoid possible malicious hacking attempts. They are employed by companies and businesses to protect private and sensitive information or to test their network security.
Roles And Responsibilities
- The core responsibility of an ethical hacker is to attempt to penetrate his company’s system in the same way a unethical hacker does to find the loopholes in the security of the computer systems of the company
- An ethical hacker has to be well versed with the operations of the business and the technology infrastructure of the company.
- Conduct tests for risk assessment and put in place measures to control vulnerable areas to minimise risk.
- Ethical hacker needs to make sure that the company’s sensitive information does not fall into the hands of the wrong person by developing full proof systems.
- Communicate with the clients and deliver written reports on the work done
- Remain up to-date with the latest research work and incorporate them in the company’s system
Key Skills Required
- Penetration Testing
- IT security
- Network administration and Management
- Network security engineer
- Network security administrator
- System admin
- System architect
- Penetration tester
- Government and Private Firms
How To Pursue A Career In Ethical Hacking
|Class XII in Science Stream with IT/Computer Science/ Similar||BSc in Computer Science/ BCA / Graduation in Any IT Related Discipline for 3-4 years||Certification Courses in Ethical Hacking (CEH, CCNA, SCNS, CPTE, CISSP)|
|Class XII in Science Stream with IT/Computer Science/ Similar||Certification Courses in Ethical Hacking (CEH, CCNA, SCNS, CPTE, CISSP)|
Top Colleges To Study Ethical Hacking
- Galgotias University – [GU], Greater Noida
- DIT University – [DIT], Dehradun
- Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science – [HITS], Chennai
- GLA Institute of Engineering and Technology – [GLAIET], Mathura
- Sharda University – [SU], Greater Noida
- Manav Rachna International Institute Of Research And Studies, Faculty of Engineering and Technology – [MRIIRSFET], Faridabad
- Malabar College of Engineering and Technology – [MCET], Thrissur
- Manav Rachna International Institute of Research and Studies – [MRIIRS], Faridabad
- Ansal University- [AU], Gurgaon
- Ganpat University, Mehsana
For Post Graduation
- P.S.G College of Technology – [PSGCT], Coimbatore
- Indian Institute of Information Technology – [IIIT], Allahabad
- SRM Engineering College, Kanchipuram
- Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University – [JNTU], Kakinada
- Jamia Hamdard University, New Delhi
- Amrita School of Engineering – [ASE], Coimbatore
- Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology – [MNNIT], Allahabad
- National Institute of Technology – [NIT], Kurukshetra
- PES University – [PESU], Bangalore
- Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham Coimbatore Campus, Coimbatore
Did you find this information useful? If so, keep reading my blog posts through April for the #BlogchatterA2Z challenge.
Also, visit www.educareerguide.com for career guidance.
Do read my other posts for the BlogchatterA2Z.