A Quality Assurance tester is a professional is one who ensures smooth functioning of software application. Software Testing is a process to ensure the accuracy and quality of software program. Software testing involves the analysis of software, and systems, to avert risk and prevent software issues.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Meet with system users to understand the scope of projects and the requirements.
- Active involvement in the quality assurance stage of software development.
- Examination and execution of the code in various environments and conditions to check all the aspects of code.
- Conduct automated and manual tests to ensure the software created by developers is fit for purpose.
- Find bugs and issues within a product before it reaches the users.
- Work with software developers and project support teams
- Identify business requirements
- Project planning
- Monitoring applications and software systems
- Performance testing
- Functional testing
- Scalability testing
- Writing and executing test scripts
- Analytical Skills
- Time Management
- Organisation Skills
- Automation Testing
- Selenium Automated Test Tool
- Acceptance Testing
- System Testing
- Integration Testing
- Black Box Testing
- Quality Assurance Analyst (QA Analyst)
- Quality Assurance Director (QA Director)
- Quality Assurance Engineer (QA Engineer)
- Quality Assurance Practice Manager (QA Practice Manager)
- Quality Assurance Test Program Manager (QA Assurance Test Program Manager)
- Software Quality Assurance Engineer (SQA Engineer)
- Software Quality Engineer
- Software Test Engineer
- Test Engineer
- Product Assurance Engineer
- Software testing engineer
How To Pursue A Career in Quality Assurance and Software Testing
|Grade XII in Science Stream with Maths||B.Tech/BCA/BE in CS||Certificate in Software testing|
- Indian Institute of Technology – [IIT], Kharagpur
- Indian Institute of Technology – [IIT], New Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras – [IITM], Chennai
- Indian Institute of Technology – [IIT], Kanpur
- Indian Institute of Technology – [IIT], Roorkee
- Indian Institute of Technology – [IIT], Mumbai
- Indian Institute of Technology – [BHU IIT], Varanasi
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science – [BITS], Pilani
- Indian Institute of Technology – [IIT], Guwahati
- National Institute of Technology – [NIT], Thiruchirapalli
Did you find this information useful? If so, keep reading my blog posts through April for the #BlogchatterA2Z challenge.
Also, visit www.educareerguide.com for career guidance.
Do read my other posts for the BlogchatterA2Z.