Retail Management is the process which helps the customers to procure the desired merchandise form the retail stores for their personal use. It is about understanding the buyer’s needs and assist them to purchase the desired product from the retailer. Retail management has reformed unorganised shopping place to organised shopping place.
Retail management has become one of the fastest growing career with the tremendous growth in the economy resulting in huge demand of trained professionals in this field.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Improving operational efficiency through optimising the retail process.
- Manage day to day store operations.
- Provide seamless customer experience.
- Achieve or overachieve sales target.
- Monitor pricing and stock control
- Deal with customer queries and complaints.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety legislation.
- Prepare promotional materials, marketing materials and displays.
- Prepare sales and revenue report and forecast.
- maintaining statistical and financial records
- Leading from the front and motivating staff to maximise profitability
- People management
- Inventory management
- Verbal communication skills
- Team working skills
- Organisational skills
- Customer Care Executives
- Department Manager
- Image Promoter Merchandise Manager
- Merchandiser Analyst
- Retail Buyer
- Store Manager
- Supply Chain Distributer
- Warehouse Manager
- Brand Manager
- Marketing Executive
- Retail Manager
How to Pursue A Career In Retail Management
|Class XII in any stream||BBA||MBA in retail management|
|Class XII in any stream||BBA||Post graduation Diploma in Retail Management|
|Class XII in any stream||Diploma in retail management|
- Nirma University – [NU], Ahmedabad
- Symbiosis International University – [SIU], Pune
- Jamia Millia Islamia University-[JMI], New Delhi
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University – [GGSIPU], New Delhi
- Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies – [SCMS], Pune
- Shree Guru Gobind Singh Tricentenary University – [SGT], Gurgaon
- ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education – [IFHE], Hyderabad
- SP Jain School of Global Management -[SPJSGM], Mumbai
For Post Graduation
- Indian Institute of Management – [IIMB], Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Management – [IIMC], Kolkata
- Indian Institute of Management – [IIM], Lucknow
- Xavier Labour Relations Institute – [XLRI], Jamshedpur
- University of Delhi, Faculty of Management Studies – [FMS], New Delhi
- Indian Institute of Management – [IIMK], Kozhikode
- Management Development Institute – [MDI], Gurgaon
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade – [IIFT], New Delhi
- SP Jain Institute of Management and Research – [SPJIMR], Mumbai
- Institute of Management Technology – [IMT], Ghaziabad
Did you find this information useful? If so, keep reading my blog posts through April for the #BlogchatterA2Z challenge.
Also, visit www.educareerguide.com for career guidance.
Do read my other posts for the BlogchatterA2Z.