A Visual Merchandiser is responsible for putting together the visual presentation and arrangements for items that are on sale. Visual merchandising is an art form in the retail industry to create eye-catching product displays that attract customers and encourage them to buy. Visual merchandiser uses different colours, lights, articles to display products that are visually appealing and desirable.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Creating something that is alluring while being a good representation of the product
- Use design skills to help in promoting the products, image and services and other organisations.
- Come up with innovating ideas to place the product in the market and grab the attention of the customers.
- Use their creativity to enhance the aesthetic appeal of window displays, walkways, counters and in-store displays.
- Produce window displays, signs, interior displays, floor plans and special promotions displays.
- Visualization Skills
- Oral Communication
- Analytical Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Brand Manager
- Corporate Communication at Fashion Houses
- Fashion Journalist
- Graphic Designer
- Image Consultant
- Visual Communications Expert
- Space marketing manager
- Visual Merchandiser
How To Pursue A Career In Visual Merchandiser
|Class XII any stream||BBA – Retail management||Certificate in Visual Merchandising|
|Class XII any stream||Bachelor in Fashion Communication||Certificate in Visual Merchandising|
|Class XII any stream||Vocational Diploma in Visual Merchandising|
NIFT, Navi Mumbai
National Institute of Design, Bangalore
Footwear Design and Development Institute, Noida
Did you find this information useful? If so, keep reading my blog posts through April for the #BlogchatterA2Z challenge.
Also, visit www.educareerguide.com for career guidance.
Do read my other posts for the BlogchatterA2Z.